UTV Pro Class...
Easier than you think.
It is easier to learn road book rally navigation for UTV's than motorbikes. There are no major modifications and the sport itself is much safer and friendlier to the competitors and to the equipment. Here's how they've been doing it for 5 years down in Mainland Mexico:
"UTV Rally Revolution in Old Mexico"
BAJA RALLY UTV TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
1) 6-point roll cage (factory cage OK if meets 6-point requirement)
2) Side Panels / Doors (Doors must be secured to prevent popping open
3) Window Nets or wrist restraints
4) Roof panel
5) 1 2.5 lb fire extinguisher mounted on UTV w/ quick release
6) 5-point seat belts- 2” or 3” OK (3” recommended)
7) Working Headlights, tail lights and brake lights
8) One piece fire suit
9) Helmet with DOT of SNELL decal, eye protection MUST be shatter resistant
10) Gloves required at all times on special stages.
11) Numbers decals provided by BAJA RALLY to be placed on both sides of vehicles and on the front.
October 9-14, 2017
Limited to first 15 UTV entrants only
2ND CALL PRICING PERIOD
OPEN JANUARY 1 - MARCH 31, 2017
UTV PRO $4,065
RETURNING UTV PRO $3,735
STANDARD ENTRY PRICING PERIOD
OPEN APRIL 1 - JULY 31, 2017
UTV PRO $4,615
RETURNING UTV PRO $3,845
LAST CALL- LATE ENTRY PRICING PERIOD
OPEN AUGUST 1 - SEPTEMBER 8, 2017
LIMITED TO AVAILABILITY
UTV PRO $5,495
RETURNING UTV PRO $4,945
April 14-16 & June 9-11, 2017
Limited to the first 3 UTV entrants only
$1,800 All Inclusive
The training is broken into 3 days.
FRIDAY- Classroom session Ensenada
SATURDAY- 4 practice stages including 2 at the BAJA RALLY TRAINING CENTER (BRTS)- (120KM total)
SUNDAY- Final Exam Stage (74KM)